It has been found through research that teen drivers are at least three times as likely to be involved in a car accident than older adults. At least one out of four teens will be involved in a car ac...
When a nursing home facility's negligence leads to pain, suffering and injuries, the families of the victims can take a stand and hold the facility responsible for their actions. From medical expense...
Distracted driving is an increasingly devastating problem in Georgia and throughout the United States. Each year , approximately 3,000 people across the nation die in distracted driving related accid...
What in the event you do if you slide, trip or fall on somebody else's property? A couple of things come into query. What caused the slide, trip or fall? Do you suffer accidental injuries? How way ba...
Tuesday, 06 April 2010 06:29
How To Collect On A Court Judgment Without Using A Bailiff Or A Lawyer?Written by Rizwan Butt
How To Collect On A Court Judgment Without Using A Bailiff Or A Lawyer
Here is a fast, cheap and effective way to collect on a court Judgment if you
accept regular checks from companies or one-person enterprises in the course of
If you use the following information wisely it can save you much time,
money and aggravation.
Here's what you need to do.
Each and every time you receive a personal or certified check make a
photocopy of it before you deposit it.
Why, photocopy the check?
Because, if one day, they run-up a sizeable account balance and for
whatever reason decide not to pay you, then you may be forced to file suit
against them in order to get back what is owed to you. Once you've gotten a
judgment against them, put the following into immediate action.
"One of the best ever legal ways you can collect on a judgment is
to obtain something called a writ of garnishment, which is an order from the
court that requires the debtor's bank to give you the money in the debtor's
account to pay the judgment."
However, you can only use this manoeuvre if you know what bank the debtor
It's not necessary to incur additional legal costs (and attorney fees) in
the attempt to gain this information because you have a copy of one of their
checks already on file. This method of having a copy of their check already
"on file" is simply much faster, easier, and a whole lot cheaper.
By using this simple but effective legal strategy you can (in most cases)
arrange for the garnishment to be issued on the same day that the judgment was
IMPORTANT: Make a photocopy of your customer's checks and place
them in a special folder or file. You may never need to use it, but if you do,
you'll be in a strong legal position to get hold of your funds without delay and
Published in Other Legal Areas
Latest from Rizwan Butt
Login to post comments
Latest Lawyer Listings
- Kawahito Law Group, APCCategory: Employment LawDescription: Los Angeles employment lawyer James Kawahito and?the Kawahito Law Group bring the power of class action litigation to bear on misbehaving corporations, forcing them to stand up and take notice, right the wrongs they have committed, and change their unlawf ...Country: United States
- Barbara Flum Stein & AssociatesCategory: Divorce LawDescription: Barbara Flum Stein & Associates is a Media family law firm serving clients throughout Delaware County in all aspects of family law, including divorce, child custody, adoptions and more.Country: United States
- Goodblatt Leo?Category: Divorce LawDescription: The Orlando family lawyers at?Goodblatt ? Leo offer practical and goal-oriented representation in family law and bankruptcy matters, including divorce, Chapter 7, Chapter 13, mediation, and general litigation.Country: United States
- Vanessa L. Prieto Law Offices, LLCCategory: Divorce LawDescription: At Vanessa L. Prieto Law Offices, LLC, we understand the effects that contentious family law and divorce issues can have on our clients. Our attentive Fort Lauderdale divorce lawyer?works individually with you to resolve your high-conflict family law matt ...Country: United States
- Kainen Law Group, PLLCCategory: Divorce LawDescription: Kainen Law Group is known for representing well-known individuals from all over the country in high asset, complex divorce actions, but we also handle family law matters for people from all walks of life in Summerlin, Henderson, North Las Vegas, Boulder C ...Country: United States
- Show more...
Considering drivers cause up to 94 percent of car crashes , according to the U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the move toward relying on cars that are automated or "driverless" makes sense for safety reasons. While these types of vehicles still require a "driver"'s hands to be on the wheel and that t...Post is under moderationStream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.
There are no activities here yet